Not really knowing what to expect, but never the less very excited to be attending, I went to my first Zentangle workshop yesterday. Well, all I can say is, it really is what they say, One stroke at a time! Very meditative, very therapeutic, very relaxing and very fun! It took my brain in a similar way as when I am doing any artwork I really enjoy, like creating a BOTANICAL BEAUTIE! I was thrilled to have a real live pen in my hand and be sitting just about any where. I was also thrilled that I could see creating these marvelous pattern drawings on an iPad too if I felt so inclined.
Another wonderful aspect of all this is that it is a great equalizer in many ways.
- our group of 7 ranged from age 9 – to a grandmother…- EVERYONES looked GREAT!
- your cares are forgotten about as your brain works on patterns, light and dark, spacial relationships and creativity - all whilst you barely notice all that is going on!
- we had lovely calm music which was delight to yet another art sense!
- it really does seem like a stress buster – I came home very relaxed and happy!
- no rules, no mistakes, its all about the process!
- how can complain when all this leads to a fun little piece of original ART!