The Saturday Providence weather forecast 38°/26° a touch of breeze and not much of a chance for rain!
For those last minuet gifts- come and down and see us! Local Arts, Local Goats from The Reynolds Barn – Yes, that means fresh wonderful goat milk soap and scrub! Delicious local granola from Providence Granola which means a twist of helping folks out as well as yum… Fraggles and Friggles is Jewelry to bedazzle, Local Beautiful Wreaths from Robin Hollow Farm along with all sorts of Local Fresh Greens made into beautiful holday greenery gifts and home decor…and of course- US – The Botanical Beauties and Beasties. We still have some of our “Marvelous Easy Peasty Ready to go Mug Gift ” sets: 4 Themes-1) Beauty 2) Words 3) Dog and 4) Garden. All have amazing beautiful organic products inside them! Here’s a quick run down: ALL are Dishwasher/Microwave safe 15 oz. mugs/ have 3 bookmarks/have a gift tag already on them for you/ have a card telling about the Botanical on one side and about community and working together on the other side and a bell to jingle as you give the gift! In addition to that-
Beauty: The image is Jolie- out Local Herbalist of beauty remedies/all natural all organic Face Toner, Amazing Bee Balm Sauve, and a beautiful Lip balm.
Words: The image of Vaboom- Keeper of new words, kindness and ecology are her favorites Inside the mug are 3 fancy pencils, 3 BIC pens, a ruler, a fancy bulbous pen, and the organic is “Clarity” – a spray for head fog! How great is that!!!!
DOG – The image is Wellie- Created to honor Therapy Dogs . Inside: A doggie kerchief, Calming drops- place on dog or kerchief, a wonderful salve for doggie paws, and since its winter and closed rooms and dogs..a room odor spray!
Garden: On the mug is featured Ron La Fluer ( Our Master Gardner) Inside:3 packs of long shelf life sees (Burbee)/A dream sick for Gardner planing, an amazing lavender salve and a butter for you lips or cuticle/ and gift from me to the purchaser of a very special piece of Quarts to help energize your garden.
AND never to be forgotten, The FABULOUS SANTA AND MRS CLAUS!
The weather forecast is glorious and we hope to see you there! This is a 2 part post… check the second half for a preview of our new Holiday Product line! You can click on the images to see them larger.
|This is a preview of our NEW READY TO GO GIFT SETS.
One more theme will be coming…but here is 3 out of 4!It’s a “pick and pay” easy peasy gift solution.There will be 4 themes:
3 are ready and will be available this weekend!
- Jolie with a “Love to you” mug set.
- Ron with a Garden mug set.
- Vaboom with a Desk mug Set.
- The 4th and final one is a DOG set- stay tuned!
♥ Jolie: Our Herbalist who creates, makes, produces, and shares her products of Herbs and natural oils for both Beauty and medical remedies. Her image is featured on her set, and the mug holds:
Delightful Body products made from all organic materials made by Garden Gate Herbals right here in Franklin MA : Lip Balm to pamper your fall and winter lips- either Lavender or Wintergreen / Comfrey Salve – for reliving minor rashes, insect bites wounds – like those paper cuts from gift wrapping! Rosehip or Lavender Glycerite: Rosehips are high in Vit. C and tasty too! Both are Calming for all ages. (Take a few drops on your tong or right down the hatch!) …Topping off this set is 3 bookmarks, a flower and gift box adornment.
♥ Ron: Our Master Garden and Climate change guy: His mug contains 3 packs of Burpee Garden seeds that all have long shelf lives-have fun and plant inside now or you can wait. They all have a small Garden Sick/Marker with a butterfly attached for Garden Dreaming all winter long! They too have a Body product, made by another woman who’s business is called: Aromatherapy for the 2 legged & the 4 legged, this time so local it’s down the street! Enclosed is a Garden Lavender Salve for soothing and calming yourself as needed! …Topping off this set is 3 bookmarks and a gift box adornment.
♥ Vaboom: She is the Keeper of New Words, kindness and Eco words are her thing and she is champion of the Desk Set Gift. Her mug holds: 3 Bic Pens, 3 fun Pencils, 1 Ruler, 1 fun chunky roundish Pretty Pen, and a bottle of “Mental Clarity“ Spray. This spray helps keep the “muddle” at bay! This one is also by Aromatherapy for the 2 legged and 4 legged and is essential oils – you spray this very yummy warm and comforting spray in your “personal area” and you indeed feel better and “clearer in the head!” Amazing!! ..Topping off this set is 3 bookmarks and a gift box adornment.
All are wrapped and ready to go! All include a small according folded pamphlet with a story about Collaboration, Community, woman helping woman in business and in life, and why that Botanical is champion of that gift set. Each package has a cushion on the base of eco friendly shredded paper, a clear bag, a ribbon and even a GIFT TAG… but you may still want to purchase a special Botanical Beauty Card as well!
For many of us, the explosion in technology has perversely limited, not expanded, our exposure to new experiences. Increasingly, we get our news from sources that think as we already do. And with iPods, we hear what we already know; we program our own playlists.
…art without a frame. Which, it turns out, may have a lot to do with what happened — or, more precisely, what didn’t happen — on January 12, 2007. “
Huh? Just what do these 3 above snippets have to do with each other? Five years later, I just found out about this thanks to my friend Christine. I am amazed, fascinated, and intrigued. Their are two funny peronal coincidences I will share first. 1) This happened in my home town of Washington D.C. 2) The article originally ran on April 8, (2007) – my birthday.
After reading the whole article on the Washington Post site- I take exception the sentance below that says -” The one who paid the most attention was a 3 year old boy.” It turns out that 2 adults did actually stop and were truly in the moments for the beauty and joy. – Curious? Read the abbreviated version below (from Urban Legends)… and read the whole story called Pearls Before Breakfast on The Washington Post site. By the way, I checked around- this IS legend, NOT myth!
A Violinist in the Metro
A man sat at a metro station in Washington DC and started to play the violin; it was a cold January morning. He played six Bach pieces for about 45 minutes. During that time, since it was rush hour, it was calculated that thousand of people went through the station, most of them on their way to work.
Three minutes went by and a middle aged man noticed there was musician playing. He slowed his pace and stopped for a few seconds and then hurried up to meet his schedule.
A minute later, the violinist received his first dollar tip: a woman threw the money in the till and without stopping continued to walk.
A few minutes later, someone leaned against the wall to listen to him, but the man looked at his watch and started to walk again. Clearly he was late for work.
The one who paid the most attention was a 3 year old boy. His mother tagged him along, hurried but the kid stopped to look at the violinist. Finally the mother pushed hard and the child continued to walk turning his head all the time. This action was repeated by several other children. All the parents, without exception, forced them to move on.
In the 45 minutes the musician played, only 6 people stopped and stayed for a while. About 20 gave him money but continued to walk their normal pace. He collected $32. When he finished playing and silence took over, no one noticed it. No one applauded, nor was there any recognition.
No one knew this but the violinist was Joshua Bell, one of the best musicians in the world. He played one of the most intricate pieces ever written with a violin worth 3.5 million dollars.
Two days before his playing in the subway, Joshua Bell sold out at a theater in Boston and the seats average $100.
This obvisously applies to ALL ART. Since Birdelini has The Oscars on tap for this week and her mind…. one can’t help but wonder- Just what did miss? What were we too busy or tired to go see? What politics played with the nominations? What if…….
Don’t forget – stop, see, smell, and hear the beauty the roses today!
“It’s an old epistemological debate, older, actually, than the koan about the tree in the forest. Plato weighed in on it, and philosophers for two millennia afterward: What is beauty? Is it a measurable fact (Gottfried Leibniz), or merely an opinion (David Hume), or is it a little of each, colored by the immediate state of mind of the observer (Immanuel Kant)?” (read on)
- Lemons are so good for you! I love lemons, the look, the smell, the taste and the color!
These words come to you from a care2 post on Feb 2, 2012. This may not be the most glamorous list but…..(http://www.care2.com) “If you’re not getting fresh lemons into your diet, you may want to reconsider after reading the many health benefits of lemons, lemon juice, pith (the white part), or zest (skin).
Here are 13 amazing healing powers of lemons
- Bowel-Cleansing: The bitter taste of lemon gives these fruit the ability to increase peristalsis–a pumping-motion in the bowels–which helps to eliminate waste from the bowels and improve regularity. Add the juice of one lemon to warm water and drink first thing in the morning.
- Cancer: Lemons contain 22 anti-cancer compounds, including limonene—a naturally-occurring oil that slows or halts the growth of cancer tumors in animals. Lemons also contain a substance called flavonol glycosides which stop cell division in cancer cells.
- Colds and Flu: Lemons are rich in vitamin C and flavonoids that work in conjunction for a serious punch against infection.
- Liver: Fresh lemon juice added to a large glass of water in the morning is a great liver detoxifier.
- Nutrition: Lemons contain vitamin C, citric acid, flavonoids, B-complex vitamins, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and fiber.
- Balances Body Chemistry: While lemons are acidic they interact with the body’s metabolism to have an alkalizing effect on the bodily fluids helping to restore balance to the body’s pH.
- Allergies: Lemons contain the phytonutrient hesperetin which has been shown in studies to alleviate allergic symptoms.
- Brain and Nervous System Disorders: Containing the potent phytonutrient tangeretin in the peel, lemons have been proven to be effective for brain disorders like Parkinson’s disease.
- Eye Disorders: Rutin, found in lemons, has been shown in research to improve the symptoms of eye disorders, including diabetic retinopathy.
- Anti-Viral: In addition to being effective against cold and flu viruses, terpene limonoids found in lemons have proven anti-viral effects on other types of viruses.
- Diabetes: In addition to improving eye problems linked with diabetes, lemons contain hesperetin which lowers blood sugar levels (when they are high).
- Gall and Kidney Stones: The citric acid found in lemon juice helps to dissolve gallstones, calcium deposits, and kidney stones.
- Anti-Aging: The vitamin C found in lemons helps to neutralize free radicals linked to aging and most types of disease.
Cook with Lemons!”
Read more: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/13-healing-powers-of-lemons.html#ixzz1mbarrzx3
Oh – and don’t forget, Drink that water too! I like warm lemon water all year round.
See ya all on Monday!