As many of you know, we are not only “frequent flyers” but “Weekly Tuesday Flyers” at the Cranston RI, Whole Foods Summer Farmer Market. Whole Foods generously supports us, enabling us to set out our “wares” (in our case artwork, cards, and a small product line from The Botanical Beauties and Beasties.) Thank you so much Whole Foods for supporting the local community of farmers and craftspeople. You guys ROCK!
O.K., on to last Tuesday which will bring us to todays Fun Food Friday. Each week the talented Holly Dion, from Whole Foods, joins in the fun by creating a delectable food tasting! Last week was a GREAT CORN SALAD. I wanted to share it with all you who did not make it down to Cranston RI that day. There were only good things about this recipe, but to make it even better, it was FAST, EASY, ALL LOCAL INGREDIENTS, and YUMMY. Add that up and it equals Divine. I am sure that pretty much wherever you may live/shop, you too can make this with all “local” ingredients.
Whole Foods was again very kind and said I could post this today to share. Many thanks to them … I call this- Divine Corn Salad.
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (Boil up the corn then de-cob it (yes, I just made that word up!) for the kernels.
- 1 large local tomato, cut into pieces or wedges
- 1/2 cup local red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped local green pepper
- 4-6 large Basil leaves cut into thin strips (perhaps you grew your own?)
- 2 Tablespoons vinaigrette or Italian dressing (Holly used a great tasting dressing from Cindy’s Kitchen, called Barcelona Vinaigrette – from Brocton MA.)
- Handful of local mixed greens – baby greens are especially good.
See you all on Monday!