Feeling a bit soggy?
Here are a few ideas of ways to make a rainy day better.
Don’t think of it as cold wet water:
Think SPRING FLOWERS!
Here’s a list of ideas for spring shower happiness.
- 💦 Pretend you are two years old and go splash in puddles-I know a very special little one that this works well for!
- 💦 Enjoy some artwork. Galleries, museums, or exhibits are all luxurious and wonderful places to forget it’s raining outside.
- 💦 There’s always the movies.
- 💦 Meet a friend for a cup, or glass, of whatever makes you smile.
- 💦 Plan a rain barrel for your garden, then the next time it rains you will be receiving bonus water!
- 💦 Gray is much better than black. Look outside-gray is probably everywhere and Mother Nature is usually is pretty smart!
Maybe Gray still is the new black?
- 💦 Gray is a subdued and quiet color so crawl into that: Tuck yourself in and enjoy a good read with a hot cup of tea/coffee. Or just nap!
- 💦 Remember that rain is not frozen, or slippery, and it requires no shoveling.
- 💦 Learn new things. For instance- Did you know that the iconic crayon color, Dandelion, will be retiring? To send him off in style, Crayola is taking him on a 4-week retirement tour! VERY clever marketing and fun to watch. Here’s the link. https://youtu.be/WSBaRK1BM3Q
(BYW – today 3/31/17 is National Crayon Day…who knew?)
AND OF COURSE – there is always “Singing in the Rain” with Gene Kelly!